Eli is about to go number 2 and is starting to get completely undressed. "Eli," I ask, "can you please keep your clothes on?"
"No! I get sweaty!"
Finally an answer to the naked toilet visits!
February 2013
"Spiderman shoot webs," says Titus, projecting his arms in a stiff motion parallel to the ground with hand open and fingers spread.
And he says it all the time: on the toilet, at the dinner table, jumping on the trampoline. There really isn't a moment which "Spiderman shoot webs" is not appropriate.
Winter 2013
Titus is exhausted. He wonders from his room (where Matt is reading books) to me in the living room and asks, "Where's my blanky?"
"It's in your room," I say.
He heads for the room. Two minutes later he wonders from his room (where Matt is still reading books) and asks, "Where's my bed?"
"It's in your room," I say.
He heads for his room.
When the lights are turned out and we are about to shut the door, he yells, "Prayer!"
Matt laughs, "Dude, we just said it. Get some sleep."
February 2013
Eli's looking at his hands, spreads them wide, then says, "I grow bigger. I grow everyday. I get bigger than Isaac!"
February 2013
Matt is taking Isaac to school and Isaac is having a hard time with the seat belt. "Dad," he says frustratingly, "it's stuck, it won't move!"
"Isaac," says Matt, "it's already buckled up."
Isaac belly laughs, "Oh, it tricked me!"
February 2013
"Dad, I have poop in there," says Eli, patting his belly.
"Yes you do, Bud," Matt laughs.
Eli continues, "It comes out my bum!"
February 2013
"Eli, don't eat your boogers," I say.
Eli looks at me, "No, they food!"
February 2013
Isaac asks for some crackers to munch on, "Well," I say, "We need to save them for lunches and we are almost out."
"Okay," he sighs, "I think I'll deal with some cheerios in a bowl, then."
January 2013
Isaac's asking Matt about a certain character on a game. "He looks like this," and he strikes a pose: head bent, eyes forward and dumb, shoulders slumped, arms forward and limp. "Oh," laughs Matt, "Big Foot."
January 2013
"Eli, get some shoes on, boy," I say.
"No," he insists, "I not jump with my shoes, I jump with my toes."
January 2013
Matt is singing and playing on his guitar. Titus disappears to the play room, then come running back in with a little play microphone! He starts yelling into it and dancing!
January 2013
Titus's speak is starting to change, with longer sentences and such. Probably the cutest thing ever spoken by him is when he is pleasantly shocked by something, in his low voice he goes, "Oh my goodness!"
January 2013
When Eli goes number 2 on the potty he has to get naked. Completely naked. No exceptions. He also crawls up on the toilet with all fours, making turns like a dog trying to figure out how to sit down.
Spring 2012 thru Present
Eli hangs his head after failing to do a trick.
"Eli, are you embarrassed?" Matt asks.
"No!" yells Eli, "I Hulk-Man-Smash!"
January 2013
Isaac says, "I'm the biggest. Eli you are like bigger, but smaller too. But not very small, but not big too. And Titus is the smallest."
"No," says Eli, "Tiny [Titus] is tiny!"
January 2013
Eli looks at me with big eyes, and with a smile, says, "Mom, you're my son."
Winter 2012-13, about everyday
Quotes from the movie Nacho Libre, like:
"You crazy!"
"Get that corn out of my face!"
and, "Eagle Eggs!"
constantly fill our house.
December 2012
Aunt Ashley observes the 3 boys looking through Cousin Luke's matchbox cars.
"This one's my favorite," says Isaac, and he leaves the room with the car in hand.
"This one's me favorite," says Eli, and he leaves the room with the car in hand.
"Muah muh muah muah," says Titus, intimating is brother's sentences is mumbled speech. And he leaves the room with the car in hand.
December 2012
Our plans change for the day which we'll celebrate Christmas, making our Advent Calendar one day shorter. And Isaac can't believe it. "We miss counted?! Oh my gosh, I can't believe we miss counted! I'm so excited! Eli, did you know we miss counted?" The rest of the evening is passed in amazed and unbelievable wonder.
December 2012
Me and Matt are packing up a hotel room, and to keep the boys entertained I hand them large spiderman stickers.
After a load being dropped off outside, I return to the hotel room where there is lots of laughter and giggles.
Isaac tries to tell me through belly laughs, "Eli... He... Has.."
Eli finishes the sentence, by turning around, pulling his pants down, bending over, and showing me a large sideman sticker plastered on his bum-hole. "He's on my bum!"
November 2012
Every move, action, and reaction of Eli's is accompanied by a squishy sound.
Example:
"What do you need, Eli?"
He points to a cup, and lets out a wet, slobbery, cheeky noise. Every. Time.
Nov/Dec 2012
Eli's on my feet, and we're playing airplane. He spreads his arms out, "Airplane!" he says. Then he slaps his arms together, "Jet!"
November 2012
I'm resting on the couch with my eyes closed. Titus come up to me, and I smell a stink. "Mom," I open my eyes, "Poop... Get outta here!"
November 2012
We're reading a snake book, and I point to one and call it a "viper."
"No," says Titus, "that's not a diaper, it a snake."
December 2012
We're walking through Savannah's streets at night, and I have Titus on my hip. I hear him squeak out, "Mom, they scare me."
"What do?" I ask.
Worried, he points the palm-trees with street lamp light pouring through, "They scare me... Spiderman Trees."
December 2012
Isaac and a friend are eating their lunch at a Chick-Fil-A. The friend gets excited and worried when a girl enters the play area, "There she is!" he exclaims and points.
Isaac looks at him, just a little worried, and says, "Girls turn into mommies."
Isaac and I look at each other and high-five.
November 2012
"Isaac, go to the bathroom!" I yell, trying to hurry us out the door for school.
"MOM, I CAN'T GO FAST!" He yells back.
Fall 2012
Eli loves to tell people about being "The Hulk Man Guy," and point out his green strong shoulders.
November 2012
Titus scribbles all over a paper, then picks up an orange crayon. In one corner he scribbles vigorously, then puts down the crayon, points to his work, and exclaims: "Basketball!"
Fall 2012
"Isaac," I say, "go pee before bed."
"Mom," he replies, "I can't. I don't feel it in my penis!"
November 2012
"Dad," says Eli, "watch this!" and squeezes out a big toot.
November 2012
When Titus is excited about an image in a book (while I'm reading), he'll point to it and click with his tongue until I verbally recognize it too.
Fall 2012
I ask Titus to say the blessing on the food. With out any help he softly whispers, "Heavenly Father, thanks for day," then yells: "AMEN!"
November 2012
Eli is a little weary of the pineapple chunks on his plate, but he sees his brothers--Titus in particular--scarfing them down. He takes a bite, smiles, and says, "I wike [like] them! Is like lemonade. Not hot!"
He had a bad experience tasting a raw lemon, which he called (well, cried) the sour taste "hot."
November 2012
I'm walking the boys in the stroller across a very busy intersection. When the crossing is about finished, Isaac says, "Wow, Mom, you did great! We didn't get hit at all!"
October 2012
When Eli isn't sure about a food item he puts his nose close to it, takes a loud sniff, and say, "Hmm... it smell like... " And he never finishes the sentence.
October 2012
I'm changing Titus' diaper, a poop diaper. I bring his legs up and he folds in such a way enabling him to see his privates.
He points to his privates and says, "Balls in there."
Me, "Oh yeah?"
Titus, worried, "I find them."
October 2012
Matt's getting Isaac out of tub, and asks Isaac to stand up.
Isaac stands, does a little dance, and sings: "Bow-chica-bow-bow. Penis!"
October 2012
Me, the boys, and my parents are on a walk.
"Mom," says Isaac, "I can skip!"
"Like this?" I ask, then skip down for about 10 feet.
"Wow, Mom, you almost got it! But it's actually like this," he says, then enthusiastically gallops down the side walk.
October 2012
The doctor asks Eli to walk to her to see if he walks straight. Eli's so excited that instead of walking to the doc, he hops! And with each hop towards the doc he says, "Boing! [hop] Boing! [hop] Boing! [hop]"
The doc laughs and says, "Oh, he's good enough."
October 2012
Me and the two little boys are walking up to the school to pick Isaac up. Eli's upset, being woken up from a nap too earlier for his liking. My hand is swinging down, and I feel Eli reach out to me, whimpering, "Mom... fingers..." *meaning he wants me to hold his hand.
October 2012
I'm taking Isaac to school a few hours later than normal because of a dentist appointment. As we drive up Isaac asks, "Mom, why are there still cars here?"
Me, "Because those are the teachers' cars. They have to drive to work."
Isaac, "Oh. So they don't live at the school? I thought they lived at the school."
October 2012
Titus is naked, trying to be potty trained, and we're at my parents' home on their front porch.
Me, "Titus, do you need to go potty?"
Titus, "Yeah!" and he sticks his privates between the iron bars and pees off the porch.
October 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment